AKA: "The Scrapper"
Harley joined the VMSI team in 2022 with a little over 10 years of administrative and operational experience, ranging from professional services administration and management to telecommunications to financial management support for companies on the east coast. Her reputation is that she is a team player and a quick study with new technologies, and processes – creating efficiencies in organizations wherever she can.
Harley enjoys cheering on her daughters in soccer and volleyball, kayaking with friends, camping any time work and sports schedules allow, and just hanging out at home on the mountain with her husband, kids, pups & family. She has 3 dogs: 2 Chocolate Labs (Trigger and Mocha Jo) and a Yorkie named Cash. She’s lived in Frederick County, VA her whole life, but West Virginia (where her grandparents grew up) has always been home in her heart.
- Favorite Movie: 8 Seconds
- Favorite Sports Team: Football – Dallas Cowboys & West Virginia Mountaineers & of course Frederick County Middle School Trojans!
- Food: Tacos – anything spicy!
- Number of Siblings: 2
- Favorite TV Show: Yellowstone
AKA: "The Diver"
Nathalie joined the VMSI team in 2021, with five years of full life cycle recruiting experience within the Federal and retail sector. Nathalie is both the corporate recruiter and growth manager for the team. She finds satisfaction and fulfillment in helping candidates find their dream job and loves working on the analytical business development aspect of a Federal pre/post bid.
Experience in both Operations and Business, especially focused on federal contracting recruiting and business development, capture management, pipeline and proposal support. Competitive, cheerful and direct, Nathalie always embraces a new challenge and is tenacious about getting a project completed! Having spent 25 years of her life living near the Gulf in Florida, she learned Freediving and is currently obtaining her skydiving license. She is an active-duty military spouse who believes strongly in supporting the veteran community and the overall mission.
- Fun Fact: She is a plant lady, with over 20 plants in her home that are thriving. And, her collection is growing since as she continues to propagate them.
- Pets: A pug named Daisy and a little Chrokie named Bam Bam
- Fun things enjoyed: Enjoy spending her days in nature whether that be hiking, surfing, freediving, or just taking walks in the neighborhood with her family. She is a huge foodie, so she does “Nathalie’s food tours” once a month which entail restaurants that were featured in Food Networks Diners, Dine Ins, and Dives. She and her husband are also body builders and she plans to compete in the Wellness category early next year.
- Favorite Food: She can eat burgers every day of the week…that, or Cuban food.
AKA: "The Trojan"
Crystal joined the VMSI Team in 2022 as Program Manager bringing 15 years of military leadership and consulting experience in the Federal sector. She is currently a Navy Reservist and spent 10 years on active duty stationed in San Diego, CA specializing in Undersea Warfare before moving to the Washington, DC Metro area.
Crystal has a diverse background in program management, personnel leadership, subcontractor management, business development and strategic writing. At VMSI Crystal works alongside the CEO to drive customer and company initiatives and is responsible for contract life cycle management across multiple portfolios.
Crystal has her bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from American Military University. She also earned both her master’s degree in Studies of Law and Doctorate in Social Work from The University of Southern California. She’s a native of North Carolina and now resides in Arlington, VA where she enjoys spending time with her friends, corgi, and anything outside.
- Pets: Senator Murphy (dog)
- Favorite Sports Teams: San Francisco Giants & USC Trojan Football
- Hobbies: Hiking, kickboxing, coffee and donuts
- TV Shows: Seinfeld, 90 Day Fiancé, The Dead Files
AKA: "The Organizer"
Ally joined the VMSI team in 2022 with over 15 years of administrative support experience. Most recently, Ally worked as a Procurement Assistant for a large engineering and supply company in Northern Virginia.
Ally lives in Loudoun County with her husband and two children. She enjoys exploring the outdoors, watching the Capitals play hockey, and going to concerts.
- Music: Has seen Brad Paisley perform in concert six times.
- Food: Loves Mexican food
- Favorite Destination: San Francisco, CA
- Hobbies: Tubing down the river, cooking, and everything DIY
AKA: "No Shoes Required"
Susan Berkheimer joined VMSI in March 2022 with over 20 years of Human Resource (HR) experience. For the past 10 years, Susan has worked in the HR, office management and executive administrative functions for federal agencies such as GSA and for federal contractors such as Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs) and large companies.
Susan enjoys riding ATVs and spending time with her fiancé and 5 adult children and granddaughter at their cabin outside of Deep Creek Lake. She grew up and still lives in Olney, Maryland with her fiancé and 2 dogs: a White Pom (Macey) and Silver Lab (Jax). She is enjoying being a “Nonna” to her sweet granddaughter.
- Favorite Destination: Any beach that noshoesrequired and Our Cabin Near Deep Creek Lake.
- Hobbies: Riding ATVs
- Favorite Movie: The Blindside
- Favorite Sports/Players: Brett Favre for football and Jay Don Blake for golf. She enjoys watching golf and football
- Food: Loves applesauce and has to dunk her meat in applesauce. Dislikes spicy food.
AKA: "The Closer"
Ryan Elliott joined the VMSI team in 2021 with 25 years of leadership and management consulting experience within the Federal and Commercial sectors. He has held numerous executive and growth positions with “Big 4” consulting firms, mid-tier companies as well as Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs).
These responsibilities have included responsibility for corporate planning and go-to-market strategy as well as overall growth, capture and proposal management. His breadth of experience and knowledge spans across program management, acquisition and financial management, IT automation and modernization, data analytics and enterprise integration.
As VMSI’s Chief Strategy Officer, Ryan partners with the CEO to help set the strategic direction, manage the overall growth and business/financial performance as well as ensuring the mission, “To be the BEST DECISION our Clients make.” Ryan believes strongly that people come first and that cultivating great company culture is paramount in serving our Clients and each other to the best of our abilities.
Ryan has a bachelor’s degree in print journalism from Bob Jones University and an MBA from Indiana Wesleyan University. He lives in western Loudoun County, VA with his large family and serves on several community and educational boards, including the prestigious George Washington University (GWU) Elliott School of International Affairs in Washington, DC Board of Advisors.
- Favorite Past Time(s): Fiddle/Classical Violin Playing
- Favorite Sports Team: Washington Nationals
- Favorite Author: David McCullough
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Corolla 4×4 Beach in the Outer Banks
AKA: “The Jackie of All Trades”
Jackie brings over 20 years’ experience and dedication to her role as Vice President and Facility Security Officer. She provides full operational support to all corporate and remote employees to ensure individual and corporate success. With a role that touches all VMSI departments, she is an integral resource to all of our employees and customers providing support in all areas of operations: finance, government compliance, information technology, as well as industrial security and background screening. Jackie’s versatility in the small business and Government contracting industries allows VMSI to offer top-notch service and reliability to our stakeholders, customers and customer-facing employees
Jackie has supported small businesses for 20 years, including direct support of Government contractors for 11 years. Throughout her career she has balanced supporting multiple functions within an organization including Human Resources, Operations, Business Development, and offering ad hoc support wherever and whenever needed.
- Pet’s Names: Vinnie (angel pup), Crunch, & Frankie
- Favorite DC Museum: National Museum of Natural History
- Number of Siblings: Two
- Hobbies: Traveling, Movies, Disc Golf, Crafts, and Puzzles
AKA: “The Irishman”
Ken Konkol joined the VMSI Team in 2011 as the Vice President overseeing operations and delivery, and has since been promoted to CEO. As CEO, Ken is responsible for setting and overseeing VMSI’s strategic direction, establishing corporate policies and procedures, managing the overall business and financial performance of the company, and to ensure our mission, “To be the BEST DECISION our Clients make”, is unequivocally achieved. He has over 25 years of leadership and management consulting experience.
Ken, a service disable veteran, served over 21 years in the United States Air Force in an array of leadership positions managing and leading contracting teams worldwide. Additionally, his breadth of experience and knowledge spans across budget, finance, communications, and program management.
He concluded his distinguished Air Force career as the Superintendent and Senior Enlisted Advisor of the Resource Management Directorate at the White House Communications Agency where he was directly responsible for managing budget planning and execution, accounting, and contracting for this elite 1200-person agency. While serving at the White House, Ken’s leadership was instrumental in providing “Presidential Quality” support for this “no fail” environment directly supporting the President, Vice President, First Lady, Senior White House Staff, National Security Staff, United States Secret Service and White House Military Office.
Upon his retirement, Ken was inducted into the White House Communications Agency Hall of Fame, a recognition reserved for the best of the best, recognizing his unwavering support to the Agency for over 8 years. Additionally, Ken is a Commissioned Kentucky Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky for his noteworthy accomplishments and outstanding service to community, state and our nation.
- Funny Incident: Pardon the interruption…Accidently hit General David Petraeus with a door while working at the White House.
- Favorite Sports Team: Known to lurk Notre Dame Football tailgates dressed in a Leprechaun costume.
- Something Cool: Has 1.5 flight hours in the F-15 Eagle. “Sorry, Goose, but it’s time to buzz a tower.”
- Oh No!: Detained by the Omani Royal Police and lived to tell about it…. James Bond would have been proud!
AKA: “Hurricane Shane”
Shane Moore, a service-disabled veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps served 4 years and was honorably-medically discharged as a Corporal. Shane studied at George Mason University for his undergraduate education in Management & Human Resources and ultimately continued on to advanced studies at the University of Virginia in Human Resources.
Prior to founding Veterans Management Services, Inc. (VMSI), Shane dedicated 10 years as the President of YRCI, a DC Based consulting practice which he sold in 2011 to start VMSI. Before joining YRCI, Shane founded GlobalTek, Inc., an Information Technology Staffing company in Northern Virginia that he sold in 2001.
When starting VMSI, Shane wanted to create a corporate culture where customer service was the paramount goal of each and every employee. Customer service, which started out as a way of doing business quickly became the bedrock from which VMSI’s culture was truly born and ultimately our corporate mission solidified: “To be the BEST DECISION our Clients make”.
Shane has found his greatest passion lies within providing opportunities for and helping our Veterans and has dedicated the past 15 years to donating and raising funds to support local Veteran assistance groups. Committed to “taking care of our own”, both Shane and VMSI focus outreach, fund raising and charitable giving exclusively on programs that benefit our U.S. Veterans with a focus on our Wounded Warriors. Additionally, Shane is proud and often heard bragging that over 50% of VMSI is made up of Veterans having served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Favorite Past Time: Golf
- Pet’s Names: Jackie & Ellie
- Favorite Author: Khaled Hosseini
- Favorite Ice Cream: Vanilla with a waffle cone from Cold Stone Creamery